As naturists we have been confident in the value of our lifestyle for a very long time and there has been general agreement about why. This statement attempts to state those beliefs and to indicate why naturism is so important, both for us and for society as a whole.
Not every naturist will agree with all of it, and there will probably be argument about some of it, but that is no different from any other belief system. For some naturists it will form part of a religion but for others it will be part of their philosophy or life without any religious connotations.
The first paragraph is intended as a short statement which can be used on its own.
This statement is the result of over 150 postings to the British Naturism members forum. If you have any comments or suggestions for improvement please send them to Malcolm Boura at British Naturism. firstname.lastname@example.org:
Naturists believe that nudity is an enjoyable, natural and moral state which brings benefits to themselves and to society at large.
Decency & Shame
• The human body in all its diversity is an object of intrinsic beauty of which the owner should be proud.
• Simple nudity is not indecent, shameful, or immoral.
• Bringing up children to respect their own and others’ bodies improves their well-being and fosters more responsible sexual behaviour as they grow up.
• Children have a right to know what humans really look like.
Social Division & Respect
• Naturism engenders self-respect and respect for others regardless of shape, age, gender, size, colour, or disability.
• People should be accepted for who they are and not for what they wear.
• Communal nudity discourages social barriers but clothing accentuates social differences.
• Clothing can provide needed protection but often it is unnecessary and it can be harmful.
• Naturism transcends fashion.
• In a tolerant society what to wear is a matter of personal choice.
• Governments should promote toleration and not impose unnecessary restrictions on freedom.
Environment, Nature, & Quality Of Life
• Naturism encourages respect for, and harmony with, the environment.
• Naturism can add to the quality of life through the enjoyment of simplicity.
• Naturism can reduce impact on the environment. http://dlvr.it/39ck6Y POSTED_VIA_inaked.info/blog